Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hello World, We've Come to Save You...No Thanks Necessary


Margaret and I have been friends for years.  She's the yin to my yang.  We talk and we do it often.  And if I must say between the two of us our opinions, thoughts, ideas, ideals, and solutions to all life's problems are about as genius as you can get. Sometimes we disagree, only when Margaret's being an old bitty.

Talk radio has never died.  People are interested in other conversations other than their own.  Everyone wants to be a fly on the wall.  Welcome to our wall.

Guaranteed every Monday we will post a conversation that will have progressed throughout the week via the blog between one another.  That way, if I get a whimsical idea in the middle of the night, I won't have to call Margo out of bed in her feathered slippers.  She can in her own leisure time, come to the blog post and respond. Like a private chat that's never private.  If enough readers take heed, it is our prediction the world will be saved by the year 2020.  It's our unselfish contribution to society.

--Bobbi


I disagree.
2020???!  Haven't you seen 2012?  We have so much work to do...is once a week gonna be enough?

Unselfish contribution???!  to want the world to be just exactly the way WE want it to be?  Absolutely.

Funny how after all our chats there's that little bit of silence at the end... when we're both thinking we're pretty proud of ourselves for all that wisdom...and then we say "We should write a book!"   Well, since Bobbi is the strong, silent type it took a lot of convincing, but she finally took me seriously and our wisdom will now be the world's!  (Or at least for a couple of people in Des Moines...maybe...but saving the world happens one person at a time.)

Hey wait, Bobbi, did you call me an "old bitty"?  You're just jealous because I'm so courageous when it comes to speaking my mind.  But, you're courageous when it comes to wearing your hair rollers in public!  "HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!"

So anyway, yesterday I read something that said "too much salt and not enough exercise is bad for the brain"..... I like chips.   And high-fructose corn syrup.  But I don't think that's going to be a problem.  I think the world can be assured that what we have to say is brilliant!

Talk to you soon,
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment